Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What is your story?

Monday, in chapel, the speaker started talking about what makes a good story.  You have to set up the characters, then there must be some conflict, and then there's the final resolution.

He, then, related it to our lives.  For instance, who wants to see a movie about how this kid wants to get the newest cell phone.  That's boring... no one would want to go see that movie.  But a good movie has a plot and our goal as Christians is to stand before God and he say to us, "Well done good and faithful servant."  So, now our story must be how we're going to get to that scene.

Even though he was mainly talking to a group of high schoolers I think everyone benefits from being reminded that life is not supposed to be safe.  If our goal in life is to be safe, then we have a pretty boring story and being safe doesn't bring people to know Christ.  In this day and age when crime is so rampant staying safe is a goal that many people have, especially those with children.  But, I challenge everyone to step out of their comfort zone little by little for the sake of bringing people to Christ.  Yes, it will be uncomfortable and maybe even a little dangerous or scary, but our lives aren't ours to live.  God gave us life to use for His glory, not ours.

What are your thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

This is a good reminder, Katie. I'm know I'm guilty of valuing my own safety too highly. I think sometimes it's a problem of faith. If I really believed that my life here was nothing compared to eternity, I wouldn't be so concerned with protecting things here and would care more about doing anything possible to bring others to Christ.

Thanks for these good thoughts!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home