Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankfulness

Complaining can come too easily in life. Complaining about our job, where we live, about something someone has done to us, and the hectic lifestyles we live. Then, I think about those that do not have a job, have had a limb amputated, cannot see, or cannot hear and I remember how blessed I truly am.

During homecoming week (which was the week of Halloween) the student government comes up with dress-up days. Going along with the Halloween/Fear theme, they had a "Face your Fear" day where you were to dress like the thing you are scared of. The only thing that ever came to mind was being blind. It may sound silly or that it was just something fun to do, but I (and many others) really thought about it. And it struck me how blessed I am. I can complain all day long, but in God's eyes I don't have anything to complain about. And sometimes it's hard to remember that we are to follow God's plans, not our's. Sometimes it is the same thing and other times it's in opposite directions.

If anyone hears what God's plan is for me let me know because I'm not hearing Him very well these days. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home