Sunday, March 18, 2007

Quick Update

The past month has gone by so fast it's hard to believe it's the middle of March already!

March 8-10, six 7th grade teachers and a few parent-chaperones took about 80 7th graders on their annual trip to St. Louis. I was dreading it, but it turned out to be a blast and I found a few moms that I got along with great. St. Louis is actually a fun city...especially this place called the City Museum. It's not a museum at all. It's an indoor and outdoor play area. 2 moms, a fellow teacher and I had more fun than most of the kids and I have the bruises to prove it.=) There are indoor caves to explore where you can find a 4-story slide, an interactive circus, and an outdoor play area with crawl spaces, slides and a ball pit. I highly recommend it!

Softball is about to go into full swing with games 3 days a week. Our first game is tomorrow...I am excited, yet nervous. Spring break is coming to a close in the next few hours, although it hasn't been much of a spring break for me.

I had the bright idea of building roofs over the dugouts on the softball field. I thought it'd take 3-4 days and I'd have a couple of days on my spring break to go see friends. Well, things didn't go as planned. It is now the Sunday before school and we still had some work to do. I partially dislocated a thumb and split open an index finger, and that was about all the injuries. I'd say that's pretty good for me.=)

I am going to need lots of patiences and extra energy this week because the weekend (and spring break) is almost over and I don't have any patience or engery at the beginning of the school week. Not a good thing for a middle school/junior high teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home